Sustainability is the need of the hour as every individual should move forward and contribute towards achieving a greener planet. In order to achieve this goal, the Government is offering up to $5,000 in grants if you make your home more energy-efficient. Currently, homes and commercial buildings contribute to 18% of greenhouse gas emissions. The government has launched a program called “Greener Homes Grant” to help homeowners do their part towards preserving the environment. The Window Experts is proud to provide you window and door replacement services eligible under this program.
Here is all you need to know about the Canada Greener Home Grant:
What Does The Program Cover?
The grant includes retrofits and upgrades that make the home more energy-efficient. These include home insulation, air sealing, window replacement, door replacement, thermostats, resilience measures, and much more! Retrofits are eligible for up to $600 reimbursement post evaluation.
When it comes to windows and doors, you can opt for the following upgrades:
- Replace sliding doors or windows with ENERGY STAR 3 certified models for $125 per opening
- Replace sliding doors or windows with ENERGY STAR Most Efficient models for $250 per opening
- Replace hinged doors with ENERGY STAR Models for $125 per opening
You can claim grants for up to $5,000 dollars post-evaluation!
What Type Of Property Is Eligible For The Program?
There are a variety of property types that are eligible for claiming grants. Homes eligible for the EnerGuide evaluation include:
- Rowing houses
- Mixed-use buildings
- All-season cottages
- Small multi-unit residential buildings
- Single/semi-detached homes
- Mobile homes that are built on permanent foundations
How Can I Apply For The Grant?
You would need documentation to confirm that the residence is your primary residence. Keep inspection receipts and reports handy. You can register online for the program and book a pre-fit evaluation. You can also apply for a $600 claim to cover the cost of the inspections. Once the pre-fit inspection is complete, you’re provided with a list of recommendations for upgrades and you can decide what you’d like to get. Once the upgrades are complete, you can get a post-fit evaluation done which confirms the upgrades and lets you know the final reimbursement amount.
What Things Need To Be Kept In Mind?
Here are a few tips that would help you with a smooth upgrade:
- The grant is provided after the upgrades are complete so you would have to keep funds ready for the work that is to be done.
- The government is offering a $5000 grant per household and cannot be claimed per person in the household.
- Homes that were built just 6 months prior are not eligible for application.
- Keep a record of the receipts, costs, and reports until 31st March 2028.
- All products should be purchased in Canada. By choosing The Window Experts for the upgrades, you will not have to worry about the materials.
- The grant is provided only after an evaluation is done after the upgrades are done.
The Window Experts: Your Go-To Partner for Upgrades
The Window Experts is proud to announce that you can partner with us to get your home upgraded to make it more energy-efficient. We provide ENERGY STAR 3 and ENERGY STAR Most Efficient doors and windows at prices you cannot beat.
We ensure our products will pass the post-fit evaluation helping you secure the grant. Contact us today at 905-875-2596 for a consultation!